Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Winter Solstice Wrap



I will admit to having a weakness for shawls and have knitted a plethora of them. I wanted to design one that wore shorter so I wouldn't worry about keeping the ends out of things when I bent over. I decided to go with the wrap style that covers the shoulders. The cowl neck line makes putting it on easy - it's wide enough to avoid hair and makeup. It is shown with the seam in the front for a multidirectional effect. It is also beautiful with the seam in back. When joining, I joined on the reverse side and repeated this step on the front side so the joint was flat. This worked perfectly. It is warm, comfortable, gorgeous and trouble-free.

Skill: Intermediate

Size: before sewing, at 14" wide, it's 45" long.

Materials:

*6 skeins "Flora Mohair" by Ice Yarns
(50 g, 100 m, 40% kid mohair, 45% polyamide, 15% acrylic)
US 10 straight needles
cable needle
tape measure
scissors
yarn needle

Pattern is now available on Ravelry.com in pdf form. See all my available patterns here on on LoveKnitting.com My designer name is Scarlett "Kiki" Geiger.